Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Movies for a Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July! The mid point of the year, holiday of cookouts, boating and fireworks, and in the movie year, blockbuster heaven. With the furious release of the summer blockbusters, there's a little breathing room this week to catch up. There's something for everyone.

For adventure: Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Caribbean:At World's End, Oceans Thirteen

For the family: Shrek the Third, Surf's Up, Ratatouille

For thrills: 1408, Transformers, Live Free or Die Hard

For laughs: Knocked Up, Evan Almighty

For drama: A Mighty Heart, Evening, Once

Enjoy!

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Good list. I was curious if you'd seen Transformers as I can't decide about that one.

I've got to see Die Hard, however, as I've seen all the rest, so . . .

Happy 4th. Belated.

Linda said...

$2 - Saw Transformers again yesterday. The first screening I sat in the second row. It was too close for me to really appreciate the battle sequences. Though the second time through, I edited out about 30 minutes in my head. Another one that's a bit too long. I think you would enjoy the script, some very funny stuff.