Sunday, June 24, 2007

Evan Almighty

I enjoyed Evan Almighty more than I expected to. A well structured comedy, with a great performance from Steve Carell. He won me over in Little Miss Sunshine, and did not disappoint here. He carries the film well. The whole cast is strong, and how can you not love Morgan Freeman as God? He still makes me think of The Electric Company! I enjoy random references, and really liked God crossing the street wearing a hat with the New Orleans Saint's logo (white on white), a movie marquee advertising "The Forty Year Old Virgin Mary" and God signing all his notes with a simple "G" (anyone every heard Eddie Izzard refer to Jesus as "baby G"? Didn't get that till today *yeesh*). I think this film will appeal to all ages, there were some very young children sitting behind me, and from their comments, they got it. Good summer family movie fare.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you liked it! I was getting so mad at all the panning the critics have been doing.

:)

Kim

Linda said...

Critics always seem to be rough on comedies. I thought this was a fun family comedy, thanks for talking it up!