Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Sopranos Finale

I finally saw the last episode of The Sopranos when I visited my daughter and her husband this weekend. I don't subscribe to premium cable stations, so I usually get my exposure to shows like The Sopranos, Entourage, Six Feet Under and Sex in the City on DVD. Watching the episodes in this form makes it much like a movie, as I tend to watch multiple episodes at a time. When I visit the kids, they usually save a few episodes of Sopranos on their TIVO for me (thank you, thank you, thank you). The last 2 episodes of this last season were waiting for me this weekend. (yay!)

I will say, hearing all the talk this week, took away any suspense that final scene in the last episode, may have held. That's OK, I was distracted by the location (I've been to Holsten's) and what an obnoxious character AJ Soprano is. I'm satisfied with the way Chase left each character, the ending worked for me. I thought the episode before the last was much better as far as content and composition (Melanie gave me the heads up and she was right). I look forward to seeing the whole season when it comes out in DVD. And did anyone notice what movie was playing on the TV in Silvio's hospital room? Gotta love Chase's attention to detail! Well done.

No comments: