Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Live Free or Die Hard

In my eyes, Bruce Willis is hotter now than 20 years ago. In Live Free or Die Hard he reprises the role of John McClane, to save the world from cyber annihilation. He happens on the dude who wrote the key algorithm (yeah, I have no idea) and can help the tough cop beat the hi tech bad guys. This film has sinister villains, off the hook stunts (bordering on ridiculous, but who cares) and snappy dialogue. I was worried about the sappy touch of "saving the daughter", but Lucy McClane is played smart, tough and cheeky. Justin Long holds his own as Willis' unwitting sidekick, I really liked his character. A satisfying summer action film!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you said that about the daughter,I wondered about that aspect too. yippee-ki-yay

Linda said...

I really liked her character. She fit in the story nicely.

Jami D said...

I saw this over 4th of July weekend....my boyfriend and his parends as well as myself all enjoyed it. My boyfriends father had said that he will add this to the list of Christmas movies he watches while he writes out Christmas cards (as the first two Die Hards took place at Christmas).

Linda said...

Hi Jami! Always good to have new holiday traditions! Die Hard will always be the ultimate Christmas movie. Glad you and yours enjoyed the latest adventures of Mr. McClane!