Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tribeca 2007 Day Three

No screenings until later today, so I slept in. Felt great, I love being on vacation! Lunch was at The Cupping Room. Got to read my newspaper and relax. Since I had the day to myself, I decided to do a little shopping. It was pretty windy out, and as I was walking down the street, I spotted a policeman's hat in the street. I looked up, and saw a police car with one of New York's finest, looking under the car. I scooped up the hat and returned it to it's flustered owner. He said, "the wind just took it right off my head!" (he was very young, and very cute). Later, after the screening of Purple Violets, as I'm walking out of the venue, I hear "hello Miss", I turn around and see a very young, very cute policeman smiling at me. Same guy!?!!? I'll never know. I said hello and kept moving with the crowd. In another "encounter in NYC", I'm walking down the street and I see a woman talking on the phone and think, "hey I know her". It was the festival manager of the Newport Film Festival (she lives in NY), whom I have become friendly with over the years. We chatted on the sidewalk for a while, and a young man with TIFF credentials overheard me talking about The Education of Charlie Banks. He invited me to text message a review of the film to the big screens they have on the streets all over the city. Pretty cool! Dinner was at City Hall, a wonderful restaurant in Tribeca. My friend had been to a wine tasting there a few months ago and wanted to go back. The owner waited on us, and the food was outstanding. So was the company!!!

No comments: