Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Flick Picks 4/24/09

Though I will spend the weekend visiting family, then reveling in the films of Tribeca Film Festival, I can't help but notice the healthy crop of movies opening in RI theaters this week. The Soloist finally arrives. Not only does my love for Robert Downey Jr. fuel my interest in this story, but the true story of a journalist helping a mentally ill man is heartwarming. In art houses we've got Sin Nombre, Gamorra, Let the Right One In and Two Lovers. Fighting and Obsessed look weak but have lots of eye candy (if you like that kind of thing). For the nature lovers and families there's Disney's Earth and Monsters vs Aliens. Still in theaters are Adventureland, State of Play, I Love You Man, Observe and Report and Sunshine Cleaning. The best movie bargain in southern New England, the Patriot Cinema, boasts Oscar winners, Slumdog Millionaire, Doubt and The Reader. Have a great week, next posts will be from the Tribeca Film Festival, stay tuned .....

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Have a great time at Tribeca . . . that sounds like a lot of fun.

Saw 'State of Play' this weekend and just posted the review. I really enjoyed it (more than I thought).

Linda said...

2D~Feels good to be back in NY. Froze least year, today, 87 degrees!