Saturday, April 11, 2009

Observe and Report

Well acted, well written, well done. Observe and Report is a tale of a deranged mall security cop with dreams. Is the mall being robbed? Yes. Is there a disgusting flasher in the parking lot? Yes. Does Ronnie see these as opportunities for his career track? Yes. Are his methods unconventional, given his short comings? Yes. Do people he holds in esteem let him down? Yes. Does he persevere? Yes. Is it a bit shocking? Yes.
Not a light knee slapper, a good black comedy.

4 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Thanks for the review as I have been on-the-fence with this one for awhile. There's nothign else out there, so I might go catch it this coming weekend.

Linda said...

2D~Just remember it's not hahaha funny. Worth a look.

Farzan said...

Good take on the film. I heard mixed reactions about this film. I heard it was funny for some parts, but mostly boring for others. I'm kinda surprised to see this come out right after Mall Cop seeing as how people are going to compare the two.

Linda said...

Farzan~Yeah, I'm glad I didn't see Mall Cop so I would not compare. There are funny moments in Observe and Report, but it is that uncomfortable, inappropriate humor. I'd hesitate to classify this as a comedy.