Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tribeca 2009 Day Four

Had a bit of a lazy morning now that I'm on the last days of my vacation. By noon I was on the subway and headed to the west village. I happened on the Greenwich Village Bistro for lunch. Upon ordering a Bloody Mary, the barkeep told me that because of their proximity to a church they could not serve hard liquor. They had a tasty alternative though, the sake Bloody Mary was delicious (and had a bit of a kick). I went over to IFC Film Center to see the latest documentary from Sascha Paladino called Throw Down Your Heart. Wonderful documentary about Bela Fleck's excursion to Africa to explore the roots of the banjo. After the film I made my way back to Brooklyn to meet Liza. We stopped at the Smyth for a glass of wine then headed to the theater for a screening of Moon. Cool sci-fi flick about an astronaut working an energy mining station on the moon. Director Duncan Jones and Sam Rockwell conducted the Q&A. We ended up at Edward's for dinner, folks were out in force. Another good day of film, food and family in Tribeca.

No comments: