Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tribeca 2009 Day Three

I spent the morning playing with my grandson Eli and repacking my stuff to head out to Brooklyn. The drive was uneventful, but when I reached Liza's hood, I drove around for 40 minutes and could not find a parking spot. I finally gave in to the local garage, so I could get in to Manhattan.

A quick subway ride took me to Washington Square Park where I met my friend Lucy for lunch at Knickerbocker Bar & Grille. We get together once a year to solve the problems of the world and see a film. After lunch we went to a screening of the film Entre Nos. Paola Mendoza, Gloria La Morte, Sebastian Villada and Laura Montana were in attendance and I got to meet them all! Did my friend Lucy like the film? She cried through most of it. An emotional story that really spoke to her. A poignant story of a mother's love and survival.

On the way back to Brooklyn I picked up treats at Insomnia Cookies. Nothing like riding the subway with warm cookies. Liza and Ryan were watching American Idol when I arrived, so I got my fix of pop culture for the day. Off to bed, more screenings tomorrow.

No comments: