Monday, April 20, 2009

Poets, Puglists and Politics in DVD

To me, rappers are modern day poets. Biggie Smalls was one of the best, and his story is told in the film Notorious, out in DVD this week. Frost/Nixon is a cool depiction of David Frost's interviews with Richard Nixon following Nixon's resignation. Some of the best acting from 2008 film in this one. The Wrestler is out in DVD as well this week. One of the most heart wrenching, honest film of 2008. See it! There are no new releases in my que this week. Going for some TV in the series Life, and and few films I can take on vacation. Tribeca here I come!

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I bought 'The Wrestler' yesterday & still feel that Rourke should have beaten Penn for the Oscar (not to take anything away from Penn). I can't wait to watch it again.

Linda said...

2D~The Wrestler will find a spot in my DVD collection as well. I think it will hold up to multiple viewings.