Saturday, April 18, 2009

State of Play

As the final credits rolled on State of Play, I thought of my friend's father who is a printer at our local newspaper. As print media takes a beating from online sources, there are people in the print trade who wonder every day about their jobs. Though this film is a political thriller, it is also a commentary on journalism. Print or online, investigative techniques, survival under corporate ownership. Interesting stuff. Performances in this film are outstanding. The tone is urgent and intense, the script is tight and makes sense. I liked this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good write up, Linda. I'm looking forward to catching this on Monday. I've got Sunshine Cleaning first on my slate.

Linda said...

V-Knowledge~Sunshine Cleaning is a good choice. Be interested to see what you think. Enjoy!

Farzan said...

State of Play was great and I might go see it again

Linda said...

Farzan~I think this film would hold up to multiple viewings.