Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wild West Comedy Show:30 Days & 30 Nights-Hollywood to the Heartland

In 2005, actor Vince Vaughn, took 4 stand up comedians on the road to perform for 30 days straight, all over the U.S.. The film chronicle is the documentary Wild West Comedy Show:30 Days&30 Nights-Hollywood to the Heartland. Though there are a lot of clips from the show, this film is not a comedy show, it is a documentary about the show and the journey. Much of it is funny, but like the film Comedian, it explores the angst, joy and process of the creative, comic mind. The comedians are endearing, funny, sexy and open. Their journey makes for an interesting documentary.

4 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I liked 'Comedian,' but I wasn't sure about this one. I think I'll probably wait to rent it.

I did see 'In Bruges' this weekend, which was pretty good.

Linda said...

2D~This one would be fine as a rental. If you liked Comedian, you should like this one, enjoy ....

Nayana Anthony said...

I saw an interesting write-up on this one in Entertainment Weekly. Is it not worth the theater ticket?

Linda said...

Nayana~I'd say it's worth a matinee ticket. An interesting documentary that I liked, but it didn't knock my socks off.