Friday, February 22, 2008

Oscar 2008 : The Pictures

And finally, we have the Best Pictures of the year. For Best Motion Picture of the year, I'd love to see Juno win it, but I think that's a stretch. With films like There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men, the competition is fierce. I think No Country for Old Men will win, but a statue for There Will Be Blood wouldn't surprise me (waffles anyone? sorry). For Best Animated Picture I think it will be Ratatouille. Best Animated Short Film could go to any of the nominees, they're all so different. I think I Met the Walrus could win it on a sentimental vote, though Peter & the Wolf has more universal appeal. I haven't seen all of the documentaries, foreigns or short live action, so I can't really make a call there. I did see the documentary No End in Sight, and think it could take the award.

So that's the last of my Oscar entries. It's been a great year in film. All I have left to do is gather my snacks, chill the appropriate beverages, don my Juno t-shirt and tune in to the broadcast Sunday night. A printable ballot is here for anyone who wants to make their own predictions, or just keep track. Happy Oscars!!

No comments: