Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Flick Picks 2/22/08

The thrillers Vantage Point and In Bruges hit RI theaters this weekend. The comedies Charlie Bartlett and Be Kind Rewind will tickle the funny bone. Families can check out the Spiderwick Chronicles. Two good date movies are Definitely, Maybe and 27 Dresses. U2 3D and Hannah Montana are still in theaters for a cool 3D concert film experience.

These are my quick picks for winning Oscars on Sunday night, all of these films worth a look.
Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis for There Will Be Blood
Best Actress - Ellen Page for Juno
Best Director - Joel and Ethan Coen for No Country for Old Men
Best Picture - No Country for Old Men

Let's hope the Academy has surprises for us, can't wait!!

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I'm glad "IN Bruges" hit your theaters. I'm in general agreement with your Oscar picks, although I don't think Ellen Page will win.

Regardless, I will definitely be watching.

Linda said...

2D~I'm not sure on Page winning either, if it's not her it will be Julie Christie. Busy movie weekend and can't wait for Sunday night!!