Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar 2008 : The Awards Ceremony

So I did OK with my Oscar picks. 12 for 24, apparently seeing all the films gives me no edge *yeesh*! The winners are listed here. A few thoughts before I go to bed........

Best Gown: Jenifer Garner
Best Makeup: Ellen Page
Best Hair: Amy Adams
Best Tux: Tom Hanks
Best entrance: Cameron Diaz
Coolest Oscar moment: Bringing Marketa Irglova back out to make her thank yous after they turned the mike off on her. Never seen that before.
On to the films of 2008!!

4 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I though there were far fewer surprises this year than some, which was OK with me as I thought 'No Country' deserved it.

I agree with your thoughts on Garner as I thought she looked great.

Linda said...

The surprises for me were Swinton's win and The Bourne trifecta, well done!

Toto said...

Letting Marketa back on the stage was brilliant. It felt spontaneous, and she jumped on the opportunity with a warm, wonderful speech.
Oscar magic -- still in short supply, but it's not gone just yet.

Linda said...

Toto~I was impressed with how composed she was, a lovely moment.