Friday, February 08, 2008

Fool's Gold

The movie Fool's Gold is being marketed as romantic comedy, but for me, it was more of an adventure comedy. There was a point where it reminded me of Romancing the Stone and National Treasure.

Reasons to see it now:
1.The island setting is gorgeous, (thank you Australia), a very pretty movie
2. Matthew McConaughey's biceps *sigh*
3. Kate Hudson's lovely smile and charm

Reason's to wait for the DVD:
1. A cool underwater sequence at the end (fast forward)
2. Matthew McConaughey's biceps (rewind)
3. A story that's just plain silly at points and struggles for the few funny moments. (snack runs will help)

An OK flick .......

4 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

That's about what I thought this one looked like as the story looked pretty flimsy from the trailer, although I doubt that was the point of this movie.

And nice Top 10 list, but I'm surprised by the Transformers inclusion. Then again, I have yet to see it, so . . .

Linda said...

2D~ For the record, I saw Transformers twice in the theater and once on DVD. Love it every time!

Toto said...

McConaughey's career has been reduced, partly by his own doing, to talk of abs and biceps. For a while I thought he had more potential than that. Now, not so sure ...

Linda said...

Toto~I think he shows his acting chops in We Are Marshall and 13 Conversations About One Thing. Hope the beefcake phase is to pad the bank account and he gets back to acting (much as I love those biceps).