Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tribeca Film Festival Day Four

Caught an early train into the city to meet Meredith at the Angelika Cinema to see Sing Street at their first morning screening. What a delightful film! I especially loved the music. We walked around the corner to Il Buco for lunch outside. I had a soup that was spectacular! We caught up on life. Long uninterrupted conversation is such a luxury. I went back to Brooklyn, walked the pups and made some dinner. Back in Tribeca for a screening of The Meddler at BMCC. This is my last screening in this venue, so I make sure to say hi to the house manager, Charles, who has been with Tribeca Film Festival for 15 years. Such a lovely man. The film was wonderful and the director, one of the producers, Susan Sarandon, Rose Byrne and Cecily Strong conducted the Q&A. I will admit to getting choked up when the last question came from a woman seeing the film with her daughter and who had just lost her mother. Poignant moment and made me miss my girls. Back in Brooklyn I think about how lucky I am to be able to come to this event. Another cool day.

No comments: