Friday, April 24, 2015

Tribeca Talks: Brad Bird with Janeane Garofalo

Going through the names of the Directors Series of Tribeca Talks, I was immediately drawn to the pairing of Brad Bird with Janeane Garofalo. Happily, the timing fit my schedule and I was in! Sitting in a center seat of the fifth row in the SVA Theater I passed the time before the talk chatting film and theater with a friendly young man sitting next to me. When Bird and Garofalo took the stage the fun began. There were clips, there were jokes, there were stories, there was banter. The two were very at ease until the Q&A began. Garofalo claimed stress at choosing from the many hands raised and she passed the responsibility to Bird near the end. From the Incredibles to Iron Giant to Ratatouille to Ghost Protocol to Tomorrowland, Bird discussed his projects and process. Such an interesting talk.

No comments: