Friday, December 26, 2008

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

For as many wonderful things I was reading about The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I was dreading the 2 hour 59 minute run time. I have a lot of movies to see this weekend! Because the strengths of the film are the cinematography, the story telling, the makeup and the acting, I will forgive this. The slow build in the first half of the film is necessary, but it dragged a bit for me. Then the pace picks up, the story becomes more interesting and I became very glad I was in the theater. The story of a man who ages backward comes from the imagination of F. Scott Fitzgerald, and adapts well to this film. A wonderful love story. I know folks who, sarcastically, call Brad Pitt "Mr. Perfect" so I had a good chuckle when his character enters a room, and his lady love says, "you're perfect". Well done.

No comments: