Thursday, September 04, 2008

Soapdish

OK, I'll admit it, I'm a little over the top with my Robert Downey, Jr. and Christian Bale attention this summer, but can ya blame a girl?!? Latest up in my DVD que is Soapdish. A comedy from 1991 about the nonsense that is soap operas. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my share of soaps back in the day, and I respect the actors that have made a living in the genre. But you've got to admit, it's all a bit silly. Kill me off, write me out, get a disease, come back to life ... enter the world of daytime TV! Soapdish does a great job combining the show with the actor's real lives. Which has more drama? Only the network executives know for sure..... The all-star cast is highly entertaining, this was a very fun rental.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I had forgotten about this one. Wasn't Whoopi Goldberg in it too? It was a large cast is all I remember.

Linda said...

2D~This is an amazing cast. Woopi, Kevin Kline,Sally Field, Terri Hatcher, Elizabeth Shue, Gary Marshall .... such a fun movie!