Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tribeca Film Festival 2014 Day 5

This morning's walk took me up to North Moore Street for a visit to Hook & Ladder 8, filming location for Ghostbusters. I love that they have a sign of the Ghostbuster's logo hanging inside the station. At Laughing Man Coffee there was a funny Gozilla cartoon drawn on the chlak board. My day was starting on a light note. As the skies cleared, the final set up for the TFF Family Street Fair was underway and my last day in Tribeca was underway. My plan for lunch in the West Village took me to the Five Guys on Bleeker St. Upstairs, I found The Garrett but it was closed. Still fun to find this hidden gem for a future visit. A sun-drenched walk to McDougal Street and I was cozied up at the bar at The Olive Tree for quiche and salad. When I went downstairs to use the ladies room a young comic was working out some material with a manager in The Comedy Cellar. Maybe a star of tomorrow. Strolling past the street artists in SOHO, I enjoyed the creative vibe on my way back to Tribeca. Standing in line outside BMCC for the Ron Howard and Brian Williams panel I was joined by a man who had been to many events over the two weeks and had lots of stories. It made the hour wait go by quickly. The panel was so wonderful. I realized that I love Ron Howard's work more than I realized and that Brian Williams is the skilled interviewer I thought he was. Such an experience. Deciding to have dinner before I head out of the city, I go to Max for a delicious ravioli dish. A nice finish to a nice week. The drive home was easy. My house felt huge after 5 days in a tiny hotel room. Thanks to Tribeca Film Festival and all the friends and family that joined me along the way. And a big thanks to New York City for being so awesome! It was a great vacation!

No comments: