Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tribeca Film Festival 2014 Day 1

Arriving in NYC for Tribeca Film Festival is always a thrill.  For the last few years I have stayed in NJ and Brooklyn, which was great, but today it was nice to be back in the hood. It's been two years since I last stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. After I unpacked, I started to take a walk, but rain sent me into Edward's for a drink and a bite to eat. A friendly bartender and a delicious bowl of vegetable and meatball soup made this break from a flash downpour just right. On my way back to the hotel I stopped into brick Oven Pizza for a slice of their lasagna pizza. I finished unpacking and headed to Chelsea for a screening of Boulevard. The woman in front of me in line was pleasant and friendly, the concessions were free courtesy of Celebrity Cruise Lines. The movie was intense and dramatic. The writer, director and actors conducted the Q&A. Coming out of the subway back in Tribeca, the new, sparkling Freedom tower greeted me. What a great start to my week in NYC.

No comments: