Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tribeca Film Festival 2011 Day 4

On my last full day here in Tribeca, I wanted to enjoy the neighborhood. I headed north on Church Street, walked up to Canal and back down West Broadway to end up at The Square Diner for breakfast. From there, I wandered through the Family Street Festival, enjoying the color, the music, the families and the celebration. Lunch was a delicious bowl of soup at Edward's. Back to the east village for my first film of the day, Janie Jones. Another film with great music, great performances and a poignant story. When I came out of the film, I had a message from Liza & Ryan that they were waiting for me across the street at The Pour House. Who knew there would be an arm wrestling championship in progress? Lots of muscles in that bar! We wandered down the street to Maryann's, a favorite for delicious Mexican food. A bit of a tradition. Back at the theater, we were a little early, so we stopped in to Nevada Smith's for a beverage. Soccer was on all the TVs and footie memorabilia made up the decor. Fun stuff. Our final film was Jesus Henry Christ, a dark comedy based on family, DNA and acceptance. We all enjoyed it. After the film, a search for sweets took us to a cafe where we enjoyed the last treats of the evening, such a nice day. No drama on the street outside my hotel on this night. Preparations were in place for the Five Boro Bike Tour tomorrow. Always wild to see thousands of bikes in motion together. Thanks New York and all the people who joined me in my adventures this week. Tribeca Film Festival is a great vacation for me!

No comments: