Friday, July 02, 2010

Friday Flick Picks 7/2/10

I'm sensing a trend this summer. Slim pickins in theaters on so many weekends. I've got a lot to do, so it's working for me this year, but geeze Hollywood can we get a little love?? The 3rd installation in the Twilight Saga:Eclipse hit the screen on Wednesday and fans went nuts. The faint praise is that it is better than the first two films. hmmmm The Last Airbender was highly anticipated by fanboys, and appears to be doing a crash and burn with the critics. Toy Story 3, Karate Kid and Knight & Day are worth a look. Solitary Man finds it's way into RI theaters. I Am Love opens at the Avon and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is still showing.

Want a little film fun? My favorite film folks in Portland, OR recorded a commentary for Independence Day for the Cort & Fatboy Midnight Movie at the Bagdad Theater (go if you are in PDX). Download it here, pop the film in your DVD player, open a beverage and enjoy! Happy 4th of July!

No comments: