Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Boys are Back

Parenting is a big job, especially when there's only one parent. In The Boys are Back, Joe loses his wife to cancer, they have a young son. We soon learn that he has another son with another woman in another country. The boys end up living together, and keeping the day to day together is a challenge. The strength of this film, based on a true story, are the performances of Clive Owen, Nicholas McAnulty and George MacKay. This film has a lot of heart, I really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Always like Owen, but I'm not sure I'll catch this in the theater. Very nice review on the Jackson doc below . . . I'm in the same boat you are concerning him and his music, but it definitely sounds like it's worth it to check out.

The Men Who Stare At Goats is on my list starting Friday.

Linda said...

2D~This one will be fine in DVD. Men Who Stare at Goats on my list for this weekend too. Looks pretty funny.