Saturday, January 20, 2007

Miss Potter

With all the intense, violent dramas in this late season of film, Miss Potter is a relief. This thoroughly lovely and delightful telling of the published life of Beatrix Potter is beautifully filmed and well acted. A tongue in cheek look at her upbringing in Victorian London, gives us background to the stories that have delighted many children. I was reminded of how much I loved Miss Potter's work in my childhood. The library was our form of entertainment in the 60s, and I loved the stories of Peter Rabbit and friends in their small bound versions, because I could carry more of those than any other children's books. I was enchanteded by the stories of these beautifully drawn woodland characters. Animation of the characters from her books, add a whimsical flair to this film. An excellent biopic.

No comments: