Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Oscar Noms

The Oscar nominations are out!! Oscar.com has a printable ballot if you want to play along. I have never been able to predict more than half of the winners, but I do love seeing all the films and following the coverage.

As I have said before, I love the dark horse nominees. There are not many this year. The only ones I see for acting noms are Catalina Sandino Moreno for Maria Full of Grace, a powerful, haunting performance, and Sophia Okonedo for Hotel Rwanda, plays so well opposite Don Cheadle.

I was thrilled to see Lemony Snicket and I Robot acknowledged. I was disappointed for Meryl Streep (Manchurian Candidate), Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind), Paul Giamati (Sideways), Kevin Spacey (Beyond the Sea) and Zac Braff (Garden State) .... but that's the way the Oscar tumbles!!

We'll see the results on February 27th, must go dust off my tiara!!

No comments: