Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Listmania

This time of year everyone is publishing Top 10 film lists. The usual suspects always end up on those lists, but I love finding the odd film someone enjoyed and found list-worthy. I tried to make my own Top 10 list, but found the number of films I enjoyed this year approached 30 (and I still have about 10 to see)! Not to bore you with a list, I'll offer a few thoughts:

1. Films from 2004 that made it into my DVD collection; Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Spiderman 2 and Coffee and Cigarettes.

2. Sports-theme films that surprised me; Miracle and Friday Night Lights.

3. Love stories that enthralled me; De'Lovely, Before Sunset, A Home at the End of the World, The Notebook, A Very Long Engagement and Garden State

4. Biopics that wowed me; Beyond the Sea, Ray, Finding Neverland, The Motorcycle Diaries, Kinsey and The Aviator

5. Action films that entertained me; Collateral, I Robot, The Incredibles, Criminal, Shaun of the Dead and Kill Bill 2.

6. Films I just enjoyed, but can't think of categories; Sideways, Closer, Mean Girls, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Maria Full of Grace.

See what I mean!?!?!?



No comments: