Thursday, November 18, 2004

Incredible Coincidences

I am intrigued by sychronisities .... events that happen in relation to the same thing, to different people in a short period of time (my definition). I received an invitation to a screening of the new animated film The Incredibles, written by Brad Bird (highly recommend it ). A week later (2 days before the screening) visit with young nephew I who gives me a detailed description of the film The Iron Giant .... Bird's first film. Iron Giant comes out in DVD 2 weeks later and I receive it on the day I am visiting with niece H, who had also received same detailed review from I. Whew!! Wonderful animated film, a little heavy on the military themes, but such heart and a fabulous ending. Bird has a great imagination, and a way with dialogue. Much of it laugh out loud funny.

No comments: