Friday, April 28, 2017

Tribeca Film Festival Day 4

As expected, my hangover was a doozy. I had plans for lunch on the upper west side and I needed every minute to sleep off as much wine as I could, and make my self presentable to be out in public. I met Mary Catherine at a nice lunch spot called Spring. The food was good and the conversation interesting. I was starting to feel more like myself after lunch and realized that I was not far from the 72nd Street entrance to Central Park, so I walked to Bethesda Terrace. Buskers and street vendors were everywhere and the nice weather made for no lack of tourists. Back on the train, I rode all the way to South Street Seaport. I tried to have a beer at Fraunces Tavern but it seemed like half of NYC had the same idea. Thwarted, I went across the street to Rout 66 Roadhouse to have a beer. Back in Tribeca, I made my way to BMCC to see the season premiere of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt. While waiting in line I saw Carol Kane arrive and as I was walking into the theater I realized that I walking next to Daveed Diggs! After the premiere I grabbed wings, onion rings and coleslaw at Mudville 9 and went to bed early. Despite my poor decisions last night I had a great day.

No comments: