Friday, March 05, 2010

Friday Flick Picks 3/5/10

New to RI theaters this week, Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. Bouncing Avatar off the 3D screens, I'm looking forward to this one. A Prophet and The Last Station come to local art houses. I'm off to NH this weekend to visit friends. We've put together a little Oscar party for Sunday night. Oscar nominated films still in RI theaters? Avatar, The Blind Side, Crazy Heart, The Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Hurt Locker, Invictus, The Lovely Bones, Nine, The Princess and the Frog, Sherlock Holmes and Up in the Air. And most of these are at the Patriot, great deal for $1.99. Enjoy!

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I'm curious about 'Alice' and will probably go see it at some point w/ my wife (reviews I've seen have been very mixed so far).

Am interested to see the Oscars, and hope that 'Avatar' doesn't win Best Picture. It can have all the technical awards, but . . .

Linda said...

2D~I'm disappointed in the mixed reviews for Alice, but I'm sure it's worth seeing.

I'm hoping for some upsets at the Oscars. Love to see a film like Inglorious Basterds come out of nowhere and take best picture. Anything but Avatar.