Saturday, November 03, 2007

Show Business:The Road to Broadway

Show Business:The Road to Broadway is a documentary following the creation and openings of 4 Broadway shows in the 2003-04 season. Avenue Q, Wicked, Caroline or Change and Taboo, all Tony nominees that year. Theater gives me chills. I am the consummate audience, I think a theater ticket is well worth the dollars spent, especially on the Great White Way. This behind the scenes look at the writers, composers and actors was such a treat for me. The passion and talent of these people is overwhelming, I teared up more than once. The first show I ever saw on Broadway was The Wiz, in 1977. What an intro! First row, first balcony, I was in awe for three hours. Since then, this country girl has made it to the Big Apple to see A Chorus Line, Chicago, Rent, The Boy from Oz, Mary Poppins, 42nd Street, Sweet Charity, Avenue Q, Noises Off, Beauty and the Beast, Pacific Overtures, the King and I, Movin' Out and Hairspray. Every experience was amazing! By the way, the Tony for Best Musical that year went to Avenue Q and having seen it this summer, I concur!

No comments: