Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Certain stars lure me to films I might not normally see. My latest "movie crush" is Jason Bateman. He was the main reason I went to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium this afternoon. I'm glad I did. The fantastical story of a man 243 years old, with a magical toy store, Magorium decides his time on earth is over. The toy store has a life of it's own. When Magorium decides to call it quits, it throws a tantrum, his manager and heir goes into denial, his young pal Eric gets practical and his accountant (played by my man Bateman, affectionately referred to as "mutant") becomes the voice of reason. A gentle tale that deals with coping with death. A little deep, but one to keep on the DVD shelf to give a little comfort when a loved one passes away.

No comments: