Sunday, January 15, 2017

Film Favorites 2016

As always, choosing a Top 10 list of films I've seen at the end of the year is a struggle for me. This year I've narrowed it down to 24 from the dozens of new releases I've seen this year. I'm sure I will add to this as the limited releases reach our small state, but this is where the list stands right now. Click on the title to see what I thought when I saw the film. Again, these are my "favorites", I'm not a fan of the descriptor "best", as appreciating all art is subjective. The list is in no particular order. Enjoy.

Don't Think Twice
Swiss Army Man
10 Cloverfield Lane
Midnight Special
The Meddler
Elvis & Nixon
Green Room
The Family Fang
Nice Guys
Maggie's Plan

Florence Foster Jenkins
Sully
Doctor Strange
Bleed for This
Moonlight
Moana
Captain Fantastic
Mr. Church
The Beatles: Eight Days a Week
Manchester by the Sea

La La Land
Fences
Hidden Figures
A Monster Calls

No comments: