Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Family Fang

I ran into Nicole Kidman in NYC the morning after the premiere of The Family Fang at Tribeca Film Festival. She was sweet and relaxed going to lunch with her family. I said, "I love your work" and she smiled back and said thank you. I'm glad that I had not seen the film yet, because I would have gushed more. The story of a family parented by parents who use their children in performances pieces in the name of art hit me in all the right places. Directed by and staring Jason Bateman, with Kidman as his sibling, they deal with their parents as adults. Secrets are revealed, feelings are explored and decisions are made. The less you know going into this film the better. The writing, directing and acting are great. I really liked this film.

No comments: