Sunday, October 04, 2015

The Iron Giant on the Big Screen

When I attended a panel with Brad Bird at Tribeca Film Festival in April, he announced that a special edition of The Iron Giant would be released in theaters in the fall. All I could think was that I wanted to take my grandsons who love the film as much as I do. 200 miles and busy schedules had me thinking that would never happen. Then Eli's birthday party got scheduled for the 3rd and The Iron Giant was playing on the 4th. Tickets were bought, I was one happy grandma. Seeing this for the first time on the big screen was pretty awesome and the kids were wide-eyed. It had been a while since we had seen the film, maybe a year or so. Even though it was familiar, it felt fresh as well. There was trivia before the film, extra scenes and a peek at a new documentary after the credits. As we walked out of the theater Miles delivered the ultimate compliment, "I want to watch that again, right now!" It was a great time at the movies with my favorite cinephiles.

No comments: