Sunday, March 30, 2014

Noah

On one hand, there were reviews of Darren Aronofsky's version of the Bible story Noah that sang its praises. On the other hand, deriders were so passionate that they came off as fanatics. By Sunday I had dismissed the negative and went out into the pouring rain to the theater. 10 minutes into the film I regretted my decision. The Watchers almost made me leave the theater. I have a policy of sticking it out, even if the movie is terrible so I stayed in my seat. I understand that the story of Noah is a fable, but those rock-shaped Transformers stretched it too far for me. There were battles that made sense, let's face it, mankind had gone bad. The solution to dealing with all those animals was clever, if not a bit far-fetched. The production value was excellent, and there were some performances I liked, but I left the theater shaking my head.

No comments: