Friday, March 06, 2009

Friday Flick Picks 3/6/09

Watchmen is here! Opening in RI theaters, is the adaptation of the popular graphic novel. Superheroes abound. I have not read the book, so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. Also new to RI theaters is the Oscar nominated, French film The Class. My weekend is booked. Other offerings include Slumdog Millionaire, He's Just Not That Into You, Coraline, Taken, The Reader, Paul Blart:Mall Cop, Doubt, Milk, The Wrestler and Gran Torino. Enjoy!

4 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I'll be interested to hear your take on Watchmen as I'm curious, but that 2.40 hr running time is a bit daunting - in the end, it's still a comic book/graphic novel.

Still, it will definitely have some cool visuals.

Linda said...

2D~I'm psyching myself up for the run time on Watchmen. I couldn't get into the book, but I read that can be good for viewing the movie. I also read that it's a stunning film visually, so that's my major motivation. Stay tuned ....

Anonymous said...

Saw Watchmen & reviewed it. I was highly disappointed. It had the look of the novel down, but failed to capture the emotional & thematic resonance of the book. I suspect its box office will drop off severely in its second week.

Linda said...

V-Knowledge~Reading mixed reviews on Watchmen. I have not read the book, so I'm interested to see if no expectations helps.