Sunday, February 11, 2007

2007 Grammy Awards .... and Film

I have been a fan of The Dixie Chicks for many years. Their album, Fly, has kept me company on many a road trip, and my dear friend B, gave me their latest, Taking the Long Way Home, for Christmas, though she is not a fan (I know it pains her). These talented ladies won many Grammy awards tonight, and I stayed up because I was so psyched they kept winning! After seeing the documentary Shut Up and Sing, this album held all new meaning for me. It was one of my favorite documentaries from 2006. This was quite a night for these gals!

Beyonce was elegant and powerful in her performance of Listen, from Dreamgirls. There is nothing like Beyonce live, and it's one of my favorite songs from the film.

BTW Justin Timberlake is an amazing performer!!

No comments: