Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

As a child, I loved the Chronicles of Narnia. These were books I could read over and over. Four children accidentally discover a fantasy land, and adventure follows. When I was in college, I revisited Narnia when I had to read the books for a children's literature course, again I was enchanted. Now a film has been made of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the first book of the Chronicles of Narnia. It is a wonderful fantasy film for all ages (though the battle scenes may be a little intense for little ones). The writing is superb with some very clever dialog. The casting and acting fit well with the effects, which are impressive. Hard to tell where reality ends and fantasy begins. This is a timeless story that translates beautifully to the screen.

No comments: