Sunday, April 17, 2005

Film Festival Update

One week from today, I will be in New York City for the Tribeca Film Festival. This tribute to lower Manhattan has become an annual event for me. I love to visit this vivacious and comfortable neighborhood, and they put on one heck of a film event!! The films are diverse, the mood celebratory, and there are filmmakers and actors galore!! I have been to many screenings where most of the cast is in attendance with the filmmakers, the Q&A sessions are great!!!

As a bonus, the Newport Film Festival is hosting their spring fund raiser on Friday night, April 22nd, with a screening of Mad Hot Ballroom (which is showing at the Tribeca Film Festival also). This film is sold out in NY, so I'm excited to have the opportunity to see it in Newport, and help raise a little cash for my favorite local film festival. I'll be selling raffle tickets at the film and the gala ... look for tickets at newportfilmfestival.com

No comments: