Saturday, April 16, 2005

Fever Pitch

I am a casual Red Sox fan. When it comes to sports, I usually don't pay attention until the playoffs of any given series, especially baseball. I didn't get on board with the Red Sox this year, until August! Growing up in New England, I am jaded from a childhood of rooting for a team , only to see them lose. The last few years have been very confusing, with the Patriots dominating football, and now the Red Sox win the World Series!?!?! I say "Yahoo!" but also "What-huh!?!?!"

The Farelly brothers have given us another romantic comedy, this time with the Red Sox as an actual character. These guys do a great job making the male lead vulnerable, lovable and all guy... Jimmy Fallon does a great job in this role (I was pleasantly surprised).

In general, this is a cute, well done romantic comedy. For this pedestrian Red Sox fan, getting to relive the excitement of the 2004 World Series, was worth the price of admission. GO SOX !!!

No comments: