Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday Flick Picks with a Hallowen Twist

Every Friday, I am fortunate enough to share my thoughts on the latest movie releases, live ... on the air ... on Giovanni and Kim in the Morning on 92 ProFM. I've known Gio, Kim and their producer Will, since 2001. Last summer, they asked if I would share my thoughts on films in RI theaters on their Friday show. Me? Talk about movies? With an audience? Sign me up! Friday Flick Picks was born!! They know how much I love movies, so for 5-10 minutes a week I get to tell the ProFM listeners what I think of the latest releases. They always give this web address, and listeners comment here every once in a while. (Thanks guys!)

Last week, a listener asked me about Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween. That forced me to a confession. I don't watch horror films much. If you've read here for any amount of time, you know that film violence doesn't bother me. But as I have gotten older, I just don't have what it takes to sit through a true, gory, slasher, horror movie. Let me say, I respect the film makers and fans of the genre, it's just not for me. In this Halloween season of scary movies, I'm more likely to be found at Spookley the Square Pumpkin than Saw IV!

In the spirit of the season, today Kim shared the most popular movie themed Halloween costumes, posted by Fandango, for this year. Love this list ....

FOR MEN:
#1.) Captain Jack Sparrow (--Johnny Depp's character from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.)
#2.) Spider-Man
#3.) Dracula
#4.) Batman
#5.) Harry Potter
#6.) Superman
#7.) Darth Vader
#8.) Indiana Jones
#9.) Wolverine
#10.) Borat

FOR WOMEN:
#1.) Catwoman
#2.) Tinkerbell
#3.) Cinderella
#4.) Lara Croft
#5.) Cleopatra
#6.) Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz"
#7.) Princess Leia
#8.) MARILYN MONROE. . . (--In her white dress from "The Seven Year Itch".)
#9.) Edna Turnblad (--The WOMAN played by JOHN TRAVOLTA in "Hairspray".)
#10.) Elizabeth Swann (--KEIRA KNIGHTLEY'S character in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.)

Halloween season is upon us, enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe one important one has been left out in each category.

FOR MEN:
Cho-Chang (Harry's love interest in the latest movie)

FOR WOMEN:
Harry Potter

I know for a fact at least one couple close to the writer that have chosen such costumes in case they decide to dress up.

Linda said...

Excellent additions ..... I look forward to photos!!