Thursday, October 25, 2007

De Niro in my Living Room

Thanks to DVD, and Inside the Actors Studio, Robert De Niro spent an hour in my living room last night. One of my favorite actors, the man spoke of his training and his films. Unlike media interviews, Inside the Actors Studio brings a more conversational atmosphere to the actor's interviews. Initially, it takes James Lipton a while to find the right questions to get De Niro to relax, but it happens and he opens up. I think the fact that the audience is filled with aspiring film students motivates the actors to be open and helpful. De Niro was that, and gave a fan like me some insight to the man and his art. I'm thrilled that Inside the Actors Studio has made these programs available on DVD, fun to have stars in my living room!

No comments: