Monday, July 30, 2007

Enforcers in DVD

Traveling to an out of town wedding this weekend left me no time for movies, thus no new films to comment on. The wedding was a blast, all the best to Laura and Elliot!!! (Elliot's Mom is one of my movie buds, the Boston navigator) . So .... it's all about DVD releases this week!

Hot Fuzz is a cheeky cop movie satire from the Brits. Laugh-out-loud funny, this film was fun for me.

300 has the head dogs of Sparta (480 BC) fighting the Persians with all they've got. The bodies pile up and the visuals are amazing.

Lonely Hearts has 2 detectives chasing 2 serial killers. This well acted story, based on true events (told by the grandson of one of the detectives), makes for a good historical crime thriller.

*warning* use of blood and violence is rampant in all of these films ...


2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I wondered if you would review "300," which was worth it for the visuals alone for me (dialogue was shaky at best).

And "Hot Fuzz" was a very enjoyable, funny film.

Linda said...

I loved the visual of 300, almost felt like I was watching a comic book come to life. I swear, I nodded off during some of the dialogue, awful....