Monday, July 16, 2007

Flick 4 Friday : A Memorable Movie Experience

In response to the request of Ryan over at popcorn, soda and goobers, this post is one of my memorable movie experiences. If you've been reading here for any period of time, you know that going to the movies is often an experience for me. This started early for me.

My first memorable movie experience was Mary Poppins, 1964. I was 8 and my grandfather took me to the Majestic Theater in downtown Providence, RI. Not only was I overwhelmed by the huge theater (to a little girl, all theaters are huge), but the film was magical to me. The combination of animation and live action, a beautiful Julie Andrews, a dashing Dick Van Dyke, music and dancing, what an introduction to film! And me on the arm of my dashing grandfather, whom I adored. I remember it like it was yesterday.

No comments: