Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Flick 4 Friday : Favorite Child Star

This week's Flick4Friday question is "who is your favorite child star?" After a few days of consideration, my mind always comes back to Freddie Highmore. It may be a bit of a stretch to call this young British actor a star, but watching him shine on screen with Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Eddie Izzard and Robin Williams, I'll take that risk. His credits include, Finding Neverland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Five Children and It, A Good Year and August Rush. This young man captures the character, and hands it to his audience well. When I see talented kids in film, I always hope they will be nurtured on both a personal and professional level. I look forward to more from this young actor!

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Good choice. The trend I'm just tired of over the last several years is the "creepy, blank-faced kid" part which turns up in horror or thriller films. Enough already.

Linda said...

Agreed, I never understood why films would "use" a child as a prop like that. Maybe that's what damaged the horror genre (along with dismembered teenagers).