Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Flick 4 Friday : Favorite Movie Set at a School

For all the popular high school flicks made in the 80s, I have to say my favorite movie set at a school is School of Rock. My first teaching job was high school science and middle school science and math. I found the middle school kids to be much more honest, hard working and willing to try new things. Those aspects are fully explored in School of Rock. A fake teacher that only wants to enter a rock band contest, has heart and conviction. He recognizes the natural strengths in the kids and goes for it. I want a poster of the flow chart of rock history he uses in his lessons. I saw this for the first time at the Pavilion Theater in Brooklyn, with my kids at 10:30 AM. Most comfortable theater seats in the world, such a good time!!

No comments: