Saturday, March 21, 2020

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

I don't know why I had never seen the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I was certainly aware of it, and had seen bits and pieces of it on TV, but never sat down to watch the whole thing. When I learned that Diane Ladd was in this my curiosity was peaked enough to rent it. What a gem! This movie moves along a a good clip, the story is everyone's worst nightmare and Chevy Chase delivers a complicated line like no other. The Star Spangled Banner and Pledge of Allegiance have all new meaning for me, I may giggle the next time someone says grace before dinner. I have never seen a swat team in a Christmas movie. This iconic cast pulls off every scene like a master class in comedy. This movie was such a pleasure.

No comments: