Thursday, August 16, 2018

Pollyanna

When I was a kid, I used to watch the movie Pollyanna on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color on Sunday nights. If memory serves, they showed one hour one week and the second hour the next. I probably saw it two or three times over the years. I loved the characters and the story, it hit my sweet spot for optimism. A group in the DVD Nation Facebook page for Netflix got to chatting about movies we loved as kids, wondering if they still held up. I rented the film for a look. The film is still strong for me. The performances are outstanding and serve the characters well. The story has an interesting social message as well. I wish I had counted the number of times the word glad was used, it was a lot, but always to effect. I was happy to see that this movie was still pleasing, and I hung the prism I've had since childhood in the window so I could have my own rainbow-maker in my home. The movie reminded me that it had been tucked away in a keepsake drawer. Glad I watched this again. Thanks Netflix!

No comments: